It’s really simple:
Our EULA (END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT) offers more flexibility than other vendors’, many of whom insist that the software may be installed on one machine only.
Q. Can I develop an experiment on one computer and run it on others?
A. No. You can run SuperLab to develop and collect data on only a single computer. If you want to collect data (but not edit or modify an experiment) on other computers, Cedrus offers inexpensive “run only” licenses.
Q. Can I install SuperLab on the computer in the office and the one at home?
A. Yes, provided there is no chance that another person may use it while you’re using SuperLab at home.
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR CEDRUS SOFTWARE
IMPORTANT — This End-User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and the PUBLISHER from whom you acquired the software product SuperLab identified above (“SOFTWARE”). The SOFTWARE includes computer software, the associated media, any printed materials, and any “online” or electronic documentation. By installing, copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, Cedrus Corporation (“Cedrus”) is unwilling to license the SOFTWARE to you. In such event, you may not use or copy the SOFTWARE, and you should promptly contact Cedrus for instructions on return of the unused product(s) for a refund.
The SOFTWARE is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The SOFTWARE is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE.
This EULA grants you the following rights:
• Software. You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE on a computer.
• Storage/Network Use. You may also store or install a copy of the computer software portion of the SOFTWARE on the computer to allow your other computers to use the SOFTWARE over an internal network, and distribute the SOFTWARE to your other computers over an internal network. However, you must acquire and dedicate a license for the SOFTWARE for each computer on which the SOFTWARE is used or to which it is distributed. A license for the SOFTWARE may not be shared or used concurrently on different computers.
• Back-up Copy. You may make a single back-up copy of the SOFTWARE. You may use the back-up copy solely for archival purposes.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
• Limitations on Reverse Engineering, Decompilation and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
• Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
• Single COMPUTER. The SOFTWARE is licensed as a single integrated product. The SOFTWARE may only be used with a single computer.
• Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, and this EULA), and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE.
• Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Cedrus may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all of its component parts.
• Virtual Machines. SOFTWARE may not be installed and used on a virtual computer or any form of “guest” operating system or virtual “appliance”.
If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade from another product, whether from Cedrus or another supplier, you may use or transfer the SOFTWARE only in conjunction with that upgraded product, unless you destroy the upgraded product. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade of a Cedrus product, you now may use that upgraded product only in accordance with this EULA. If the SOFTWARE is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs which you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and “applets,” incorporated into the SOFTWARE), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE, are owned by Cedrus or its suppliers. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE. All rights not specifically granted under this EULA are reserved by Cedrus.
5. DUAL-MEDIA SOFTWARE.
You may receive the SOFTWARE in more than one medium. Regardless of the type or size of medium you receive, you may use SOFTWARE on only one computer. You may not use or install the other medium on another computer. You may not loan, rent, lease, or otherwise transfer the other medium to another user, except as part of the permanent transfer (as provided above) of the SOFTWARE.
6. PRODUCT SUPPORT.
Product support for the SOFTWARE is provided by Cedrus or its resellers.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS.
The SOFTWARE and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software—Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Manufacturer is Cedrus Corporation/1121 S. Meyler Street/San Pedro, CA 90731.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, shall Cedrus, its suppliers, or resellers be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses. In no event will Cedrus be liable for any damages in excess of the amount Cedrus received from you for a license to the SOFTWARE, even if Cedrus shall have been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party. This limitation of liability shall not apply to liability for death or personal injury to the extent applicable law prohibits such limitation. Furthermore, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation and exclusion may not apply to you.
9. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES.
The SOFTWARE and the output produced by the SOFTWARE is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the SOFTWARE could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage (“High Risk Activities”). Cedrus and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
10. WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR MISUSE.
The SOFTWARE can process copyright material and has no way of knowing if such processing is in breach of copyright law. You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you only process material for which you own or have licensed the copyright and, further, to indemnify and hold harmless Cedrus from any claim whatsoever relating to your improper use of the SOFTWARE to process copyright materials.
This EULA represents the complete agreement concerning this license. The acceptance of any purchase order placed by you is expressly made conditional on your assent to the terms set forth herein, and not those in your purchase order. If any provision of this EULA is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. This EULA shall be governed by American law in the State of California (except for conflict of law provisions). The application the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded.
Stay in Touch